LHPOA, Lake Heritage Property Owners’ Association, is self-governing. There is an elected Board of Directors who collectively have duties and responsibilities similar to a town counsel.
The Board of Directors has a president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. In a yearly election each household votes for one or more candidates who, when elected, have a three-year term of office. The Board of Directors meets once a month in public to discuss LHPOA business and to decide matters related to the administration and finances of the lake. In order to divide governance each board member is tasked with overseeing one or more committees which currently are the following:
- Beautification, Recreation
- Community Center Oversight Committee
- Finance and Fireworks Committee
- Lake and Dam and Seawalls Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Property Maintenance, Permits, Roads Committee
- Special Events, Security/Safety Operations and Violations Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Swimming Pool/Pool House
- Technology Committee
In addition the board hires a community manager who runs the everyday operations of the LHPOA, assists and advises in all matters of governance, and manages LHPOA employees.