Contributed by Ernie Clevinger
LAKE HERITAGE 17th
FAMILY FISHING MARATHON
Saturday, May 5, 2018
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Contest Rules and Regulations:
1. Registration – No pre-registration necessary but get and read rules before fishing.
2. Participation – Open to all lake property owners. Owners’ non-resident family and friends are welcome, BUT the lot owner must be present at the weigh-in. Lot owners are responsible for all of their participants, whether family or guests. All Lake Heritage Property Owners’ Association Rules and Regulations must be observed.
3. Weigh-in – 2:00PM until 5 PM at Fishing Point (behind Community Center). You will need to present the lot owner’s name, lot number and names of participants.
4. Weigh-in Procedure – Fish may be brought to be weighed in plastic buckets (preferred), plastic bags or coolers. Fish must be weighed at the area and time specified in paragraph 3. Fish to be disposed of do not have to be kept cold.
5. Acceptable Fish – Only White Perch may be brought in for weigh-in. Further, only White Perch caught during the hours of the tournament should be brought in for the weigh-in. Anyone bringing in fish caught outside the hours of the tournament hours will be Disqualified.
6. Awards – Money (.50 cents per pound) and medals will be presented to children 16-under as you weigh-in.
7. Tackle Rules – All fish must be caught on conventional fishing tackle with hooks and live or artificial bait. You must supply your own bait. Fish may not be netted out of lake, unless first caught on a hook. The number of rods and hooks legal under PA laws are allowed.
8. Licensing – All adults must have a PA fishing license. Any boy or girl 15 years old or younger does not need a PA fishing license. Anyone 16 years or older does need a PA fishing License.
9. Penalties – Killing of wrong fish will be punishable by weight deduction before Reward. The weight reduction is 8-lbs. for each wrong fish; cash equivalent of $4.00. As stated above, fish not caught during the tournament hours should not be turned in. If you do, you will be disqualified!
10. Fish Retention – People desiring to keep the white perch to eat should keep them alive and cold or otherwise preserved. Bring them to weigh-in to be counted before gutting.
11. Littering – Do not litter with any material including bait containers and dead fish. Dead fish will be disposed of by tournament officials.
12. Fishing Areas – Everyone may fish from all public access areas around the lake as well as from LHPOA registered boats containing all safety requirements mandated by PA law. You may fish from private lots on the waterfront only with the permission of the owners.
13. Tournament End Time – The tournament is over at precisely 5:00 PM. You must be in line at the weigh-in station by 5:00 or your fish will not be weighed.
Any questions, call Ernie Clevinger 717-334-4167 or Bob Hood 717-339-0057.