Submitted by Ernie Clevinger and Sue Heller
The committee met on Wednesday, March 27th at the Community Center where the following items were discussed:
• Review of pending work orders and the annual LHPOA Maintenance Plan.
• Resealing of basketball court that will happen in conjunction with the upcoming Phase II of the road work.
• The repair of tennis court crack and fill in the open seam between shuffleboard and concrete pad. The Board approved these repairs to not exceed $3000 at their November meeting. This project will be scheduled for early spring of 2019.
• Staining four picnic tables, two are located at Paradise Cove and two at Goose Cove. Also, there are new stained picnic tables that will be placed on the Community Center’s deck in the spring.
• Shady Grove cannons powder coat is peeling from the caisson and the wheels. The cannons have been prepped and the initial painting was finished this past fall. There is still more work to be done to them this spring.
• The Gettysburg Fire Department was successful drawing water from the hydrant but not at the required 1500 gallons per minute required to fill a tanker. Mike will be following up with the Deputy Chief in the next few weeks on how to proceed.
• The committee has decided to match the lights at the entrance to the style of the new lampposts on the south side of Shady Grove and use LED bulbs in them.
• The committee is researching planting new trees and/or shrubs on the south side of Heritage Drive across from the spillway to create a natural boarder along the shared property line between the lake and the subdivision next door.
• Community Center main room floor scratching – Mike Hanson is in the process in getting bids for a protective coating to be applied to the floor. Also, users of this space are now being required to use Community Center’s chairs and tables. Outside rental chairs and tables will no longer be allowed to be used in this space.
• Point Playground – the committee is moving forward with the feasibility study on enlarging the current playground at The Point to accommodate a three to four person swing set. The tire swing will be reinstalled once the cost and placement of a larger swing set is determined.
• Shady Grove regrading for the dry creek bed and reseeding of the swale will be completed once the ground dries out. One of lamppost in the perimeter lights affected by the regrading on the south side of Shady Grove, has been raised to the same level as the others. Also, brighter bulbs are now being used the perimeter lighting as requested by the Security Committee.
• Shady Grove’s retaining wall work is complete at the hillside garden by the pavilion and is now ready to be planted this May. Sue Heller will contact the Women’s Club to proceed with their plans for the garden.
• The new flowerbed plan by Donna Scherer for Shady Grove will be passed on to the new Oversight Chair.
• Paradise Cove pavilion will have new soffit, siding and lighting installed this spring.
• Due to weather, the work to the Community Center’s seawall has been delayed.
• Work for a replacement walking bridge at lot 222 is ongoing. Arrangements are being made to pick up the steel needed for the project.
• North End dredging – The Board approved $10,000 to dredge the north end of the lake. Due to weather, it could not happen prior to the lake refilling. It will be priority in the fall of 2019.
• There was discussion about inspecting swales that are holding water after heavy rains. PA Water has approved creating a holding area at the corner of Stewart and Heritage Drive.
The next Maintenance and Oversight Committee will be at 2 p.m. on April 24 in the small room at the Community Center. All are welcomed to attend.