How to Use Ceiling Mounted Projector with Surround Sound in Community Center
The LHPOA has provided members with a state of the art ceiling mounted projector in the large room of the Community Center. It will display anything that can be shown on a laptop, a DVD, Comcast TV, a Roku Media Player or smart phone in amazing detail with surround sound. There is one device, a Logitech Harmony Touch that will control most functions for most people.
These are only basic instructions. Unless you have a great deal of experience with similar equipment, you are highly encouraged to learn how to use the equipment before your presentation or have a face-to-face tutorial given by a volunteer at a mutually convenient time.
You have at your disposal a state of the art Optoma DLP Projector. It is the perfect way to display any kind of digital media. If you can see it and hear it on your laptop or cell phone, you can cast it to the large screen.
The LHPOA Community Center video system consists of 5 major components.
1. The Optoma DLP Projector mounted on the ceiling of the Community Center
2. Sony Blue Ray player which will play Blue Ray Disks, DVD’s and Audio CD’s
3. A Comcast Cable box
4. A Roku streaming Device
5. The Denon AV Amplifier. This not only provides the audio is also serves as the input selector for the video projector.
Before you begin, you will need the Logitech Harmony Touch Remote Control which is currently in the Community Center kitchen under the black glass A/V Cabinet. You will find it in its charging cradle under the AV Cabinet.
Logitech Harmony Touch Remote with Lock Screen. If you scroll to your right, you will see the Home Screen
When you pick up the Logitech Harmony Touch, you touch or tap the monitor. It will come to life. To get to the devices, you scroll horizontally to your right.
After scrolling horizontally to your right, you will see the following:
Logitech Harmony Touch – Home Screen
ALL USERS MUST DO THE FOLLOWING TO BEGIN.
DENON AV RECEIVER SETTINGS
1. Using your Logitech Harmony Touch click on Denon AV Receiver and Power On.
2. Choose the device that you want to use.
To play Comcast TV – select by scrolling down and clicking on input CBL/SAT
To play a DVD – select by scrolling down and clicking on input Blu-Ray
To play Roku 2XS – select by scrolling down and clicking on MPlay
To project your laptop both sound and video – select by scrolling down and clicking on Game
OPTOMA DLP PROJEC The Logitech Harmony Remote has a little screen and it often uses abbreviations.
The Home Button on the Logitech Harmony Touch is very important. It always gets you back to the Home Screen.
1. Click the home button on the Logitech Harmony Touch TV. (This sometimes has to be done several times as it is not instant.)
2. Click on the Optoma DLP Projec
3. Walk to within 10 feet of the projector and point the Logitech Harmony Touch at the Projector and click Power On.
You must be within ten feet of the Optoma DLP Projector for the remote to work. When the projector is ON, the light is blue. When it is OFF, the light is red.
Turning on the specific Devices
Now that you have read and done what everyone has to do, here are the instructions to use your specific device.
You have turned on and have the correct settings in the Denon AV Receiver and have turned on the Optoma DLP Projector, you have to turn on some devices.
- The Comcast DVR is always on and it will play immediately.
- You connect your own laptop to the HDMI Port and turn it on and off.
- To turn on other devices (not the Comcast DVR Player or your laptop), you go to the Home screen on the Logitech Harmony Remote, select the device and Power On.
ALL USERS MUST DO THE FOLLOWING TO END
When your presentation is finished, turn off the Optoma DLR Projector. You pick up the Logitech Harmony Touch, walk to with 10 feet of the projector, go to the Home Screen, select Optoma DLR Projec, and select Power Off twice. The light on the projector will turn from blue to red.
The Logitech Harmony Touch is used to turn off the projector. You must be within 10 feet of it and point to it. You select Optoma DLR Projec and click on Power Off twice. The projector’s light will turn to red.
The Logitech Harmony Touch is also used to turn off the Denon AV Amplifier. You must be within 10 feet of it and point to it. You select Optoma DLR Projec and click on Power Off. The lights on the Denon AV Amplifier will go out.
FOR MORE ADVANCED USERS
Using Projector by means of Optoma HD CastPro application
Click on Optoma HD CastPro icon to download the latest software package. This software must be installed on your device before selecting this connection option.
1. Login to the LHPOA Theater wireless network with your device. This network is sends out a WiFi signal 24/7 in the Community Center. The current password to login is is Password1.
2. Open your Optoma HD CastPro application which has already been installed on your device.
3. On the Logitech Harmony Touch, select the Optoma DLP device, look for HDMI 2 button. Toggle this button until the default screen indicates HDMI 2.
This image will appear at the bottom right of the screen.
4. Your device will now search for and identify the Optoma DLP Projector. When it “sees” the projector, the screen will look like the image below.
To cast or duplicate your device’s screen, click on mirror off and it will become mirror on. When you select mirror on, your device’s monitor will be the same as the monitor.
After your presentation, turn off the Optoma DLP Projector using the Logitech Harmony Touch. Click on the Logitech Harmony Touch’s home page, select Optoma DLP Projector and scroll to and click on Power Off.