Seawall and Dock Work

Contributed by Mike Hanson, Community Manager

Property owners planning any type of shoreline, seawall or dock projects should plan well in advance, as the approval process with the various entities will take time to complete. All lake front properties planning shoreline, seawall or dock projects need to obtain a general permit from the DEP-WWP.
Use the following contact information for questions you may have or to start the DEP-WWP permit process:

Herman Jackson, P.E. Senior Civil Engineer Hydraulic
Wetlands and Waterways Program
Dept. of Environmental Protection
South-central Regional Office
909 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Phone: (717) 705-4814

These types of projects also require an LHPOA permit and review by the LHPOA Building Committee. When the project is approved a Letter of Compliance is issued to the member. Depending on the scope of the project, the property owner may then be required to submit the plans to the township for a building permit and/or also obtain an Adams County permit.